Ringgold Area Volunteer Fire Company >> About Us
Mid 60s - Early 70's
Mid 70's - Early 80's
Mid 80's to Early 90's
Mid 90's to Early 00's
Ringgold Area Volunteer Fire Company was chartered on January 5, 1962. The original charter members include: Wayne C. Himes, Laird Powell, Keith Snyder, Al McKee, Don Guillung, Jr., William Snyder, Duane Caylor, Harry Caylor and Bernard Stanford.
"The purpose ... is the protection of all kinds of property from loss by fire in the vicinity of Ringgold, Pennsylvania..." (from the original articles of incorporation)
The fire company's original fire truck was a 1942 Pumper originally owned by the Big Run Fire Company. This truck was first housed in the Ringgold Township building. Members were alerted via phone chain and an siren placed on Caylor's Garage in Ringgold. A tanker was added around 1965 and it was housed in Mottern's garage in Sprankle Mills.